A message from the team at the Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites.
The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. As the situation with COVID—19 evolves, rest assured that we are paying very close attention and adhering to the guidelines set out by the Canadian Government, WHO, and Ottawa Public Health.
The impact of COVID—19 has touched every aspect of our daily lives. Along with you, we will continue to do our part to fight this pandemic.
We are taking maximum precautions in our hotel. All our team members have received specific guidelines and enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures have been put in place aiming to provide safe and clean environments for our guests and staff.
Here is how we are protecting you during your stay.
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It's important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our team members are also completing enhanced COVID—19 awareness training.
- Cleaning Products and Protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
- Guest Rooms: Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our team members work "behind the scenes," our hotel is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Each check out room will be placed in an incubation period for a minimum of 72 hours before it receives an enhanced "High Touch" deep cleaning service.
- Protective barriers have been installed on our Front Desk.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the common areas for your use.
- Our staff are trained in preventing the spread of germs.
- Hygiene and cleanliness remain our top priority throughout every facet of our operations.
As you know, we are passionate about providing our guests a home away from home while in Ottawa. We will continue to welcome our guests into the hotel with the same warmth and hospitality you have been accustomed to receiving.